- 4 evenings over 4 weeks - 3 hours per session
- Plus one full Saturday Field/Study trip to show case other guides in action
- South Louth – October 26th, November 2nd, 9th and 16th
- North Louth – October 27th, November 3rd, 10th and 17h
- Field/Study trip – November 19th
- Times: 6.30pm to 9.30pm Location: To be advised asap
- Presenting yourself as the tour guide
- Understanding your audience
- Building the Tour/Trail – information, routes, points of interest, commentary, timings etc.
- Know what to do when Plan A doesn’t go to plan. Contingencies and emergencies
- Environmental awareness – sites of significance, heritage sites, Leave No Trace etc.
- Working on your own and working as a team
Interpreting Tours and Trails
- Tourism inventory
- Developing trails and tours recognising the Region’s Natural and Built Heritage
- The ‘tourism fit’ for the Region
- Relaying the local and regional story for the visitor
Communications and Customer Care
- Communicating confidently within the tourism sector – understanding the overseas and domestic visitor, suppliers, transport companies and industry partners
- Communication skills and tips to inform, to develop rapport and to build trust
- Knowing what it takes to deliver an excellent visitor experience
CLICK BUTTON FOR APPLICATION FORM.