M1 SKILLNET TRAINING & NETWORK MANAGER
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Drogheda Remote (hybrid)
Drogheda & District Chamber of Commerce are delighted to announce that we are currently recruiting an M1 Skillnet Training & Network Manager. M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet was established in 2018 and is an enterprise-lead training network that actively supports and works with businesses in the region to address their current and future training and skill needs.
The Network Manager will play the lead role in developing, implementing, and running this initiative. This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a fantastic initiative for the region that has the capability of making a positive impact to the business community, and you will be fully supported in your role by an experienced steering group.
- Promote the network and its ‘Learning & Development’ offering to attract new members, and previously active members.
- Identifying, designing, and customising the right training courses for employers and members with the right training providers.
- Onsite and virtual meetings with employers in the region to identify & assess training and upskilling requirements for their organisation.
- Understand the business operations of Member Companies and organisational/industry career paths, to optimally support talent development strategies.
- Ensure that learning supports are tailored to the world of virtual working and leverage learning technologies as a key agent to encourage workforce development, productivity, and innovation.
- Recruiting additional company members for the network as per targets with a view to creating a vibrant network, which will focus on developing a best practice philosophy in the provision of service and training local industry.
- Liaising, sourcing and negotiating with training providers and training facility providers.
- Work with the Drogheda Chamber, Steering Group, Skillnet Development Advisor and other stakeholders to ensure that activities align with the overall strategy, aims and objectives of the Network and Skillnet Ireland.
- Periodically facilitate a strategic review to develop the Network in the short, medium and long-term, so that the Network continues to be a focal point for workforce development and innovation.
- Drive innovative workforce development initiatives by creating or further leveraging existing collaborative relationships with industry, other Networks, and/or wider stakeholders, while strengthening relationships between Member Companies.
- Achieving KPIs and targets relating to budgets, network membership, training days and participants attending programmes.
- Representing, marketing, and promoting the training network to obtain new members.
- Ensuring that communication strategies and methodologies employed support an enterprise-led ethos.
- Coordinating steering group meetings and liaising with the chairperson to agree agendas, objectives and actions required before each meeting.
- Implementing strategy, tasks and action points as they arise from steering group meetings.
- Support Member Companies to develop their internal capacity to anticipate future skills and talent requirements.
- Ensure that effective learning solutions are utilised to meet enterprise needs, while providing new and specific skills (sectoral, cross sectoral and transversal) to the sector or region.
- Updating the steering group with regard to progress relating to the financial and training activity
- Reporting against agreed key performance indicators
- Arrange relevant and sought-after training and networking events for the region.
- Develop and maintain robust financial controls and ensure that controls are strictly adhered to with high standards in financial management. Engage in contingency planning, as well as risk assessment, management and reporting.
- Analyse and forecast Network performance on a regular basis, including spend, matching and activity achievements versus contracted KPIs to ensure maximum value for money.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging workforce development trends and solutions while ensuring that Network solutions are flexible, accredited (when relevant), accessible and delivered in a manner that maximises impact.
- Qualified to Degree level in a relevant discipline desirable, and / OR experience or background in learning and development, enterprise support, or sales & marketing is essential
- Strong project management skills, self-initiative, and the ability to work to KPIs, deadlines and targets
- Previous experience in sales and marketing within the education, training or learning and development sectors highly desirable
- Assertive, professional individual with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Previous experience managing tendering process, costings, budgets and financial forecasts
- Previous experience networking and building relationships, including at senior management level.
- Competent user on Excel / Ms Office / Social Media, and an ability to learn new systems.
- Competitive remuneration and salary
- Flexible hours tailored towards the requirements of the role.