The new Work Placement Experience Programme was launched on 12.7.2021 as a response to the Covid-19 pandemic which has displaced a lot of workers. A particular objective of the new scheme is to provide a mechanism for those with recent work experience, or with sector specific skills, to pivot into new roles or sectors through additional learning with new and relevant work experience.
The information below will give you an outline of the new scheme:
The new scheme will provide work experience to all jobseekers, regardless of age, providing they have been unemployed for more than six months
- The participants will be required to work for 30 hours a week over 4-5 days
- The increased hours will be reflected in an enhanced uplift in the weekly payment to participants.
- Participants will be paid a personal rate of €306 per week
- The increased hours will also accommodate an enhanced training commitment by the participant and with the support of the Host Organisation. There will be an expectation of 20 hours accredited or sector recognised training and an additional 40 hours of recorded training (60 hours in total over the 6 months). The identification of suitable training will be supported by one of our Case Officers where necessary
- Participation in the scheme will be open to a broader range of clients in receipt of welfare payments
- Participation will be voluntary
After the placement ends you may have the option to consider recruiting the participant with the assistance of our JobPlus grant. JobsPlus is an employer incentive which encourages and rewards employers who employ jobseekers on the Live Register. Employers are paid an incentive monthly in arrears over a 2-year period. It provides two levels of regular payments, €7,500 and €10,000 respectively see gov.ie - JobsPlus (www.gov.ie/jobsplus )
If you wish to advertise a WPEP vacancy please go to https://jobsireland.ie/en-US/JIVideos Here you will find instructional videos on how to register on JobsIreland (if you have not already done so) and how to upload a WPEP vacancy.