The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment is running a Work Safely campaign over the course of the coming weeks. The campaign will target messaging directly to employer and employees highlighting specific risks and behaviours that need to be avoided in workplaces to prevent outbreaks.
While a high level of compliance has been reported by the inspectorates carrying out COVID-19 Work Safely Inspections, concerns have been raised by Public Health around some workplace social contacts where employees are more likely to drop their guard.
The Department, in conjunction with the Health and Safety Authority, has therefore developed a campaign aimed at helping to prevent workplace outbreaks of COVID-19.
Over the next six weeks they will be issuing practical reminders on social media aimed at both employers and employees along the following themes
- Wearing a face mask
- Maintaining physical distancing at work
- Hand hygiene, including hand washing and hand sanitising
- Cleaning common touch areas
- Visible Public Health messaging at work
- Avoid gathering at lunch break
This week’s theme is wearing face masks at work.
In addition, they have created material that we hope will be useful in the workplace and for your publications and trade publications:
- Advert: General Work Safely employee poster and checklist and an employer poster;
- Poster: Specific to the wearing of face masks
- Social Media: Short social media video
Content for both employees and employers is available below.