Drogheda & District Chamber is officially authorised by the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation and Chambers Ireland to issue and certify export documentation.
We certify a range of documents for companies including:
- Certificates of Origin (EU Certs, Arab/Irish Certs),
- Certificates of Analysis,
- Packing Slips,
- Memorandum and Articles of Association,
- Company Reports etc.
Certificates of Origin should only be issued when they are actually needed, for example, in the following circumstances:
Some countries request a Certificate of Origin with imports. This document proves the place of growth, production, or manufacture of goods, specified thereon. The type of Certificate required varies according to the destination of the goods, e.g. member States of the Arab League require an Arab-Irish Certificate Origin. The majority of Certificates of Origin issued by the Chamber will be for non-Arab destinations. In such cases the European Union Certificate of Origin is used.
A company does not need to be a member of a Chamber to procure a Certificate of Origin, however they are required to register with the Chamber before any documentation can be certified.
Register with Drogheda & District Chamber for Certificates of Origin
- Before a company can apply for a Certificate of Origin certain information is required by the Chamber:
- An Indemnity Form must be completed by the company before the Chamber can provide certification service. The undertaking of indemnification is needed with respect to information provided by the company to the Chamber. The company agrees to abide by standard rules and indemnifies the Chamber against inaccuracy of documents or misleading information. The applicant must be based in the 26 counties and be registered with the Companies Registration Office. The Indemnity Form is available from Drogheda & District Chamber and is renewed annually.
- A list of authorised signatories for the company on the company’s headed paper, (with sample of signature). The signatories will be authorised to sign applications for certificates on behalf of the company: the (pink) application form of the European Certificate of Origin or the blue & green sheets of the Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin and documentation will only be accepted from those on the authorised list.
- Non-members of Drogheda & District Chamber must supply the Chamber with a banker’s reference. This must confirm that the company maintains an account with the bank Certificates of Origin certified online
It is possible to have EU certificates of Origin certified online, please contact email@example.com for an Indemnity Form to register for this Service. Once you are registered to use the system you simply log in and enter all certificate details. Shortly after your online submission, we will apply our Chamber official stamp and signature digitally and then email you to confirm approval. You can then issue an EU Certificate of Origin right at your own printer (you will need to maintain a stock of blank certificates, these can be purchased from Drogheda & District Chamber).
CERTIFICATES FOR ARAB DESTINATIONS
Where an exporter wishes to send goods to an Arab state it is necessary to use an Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin. Following processing by the Drogheda & District Chamber, the Certificate should be sent to the Joint Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce, 63 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2 to be officially stamped and signed.
Exporting to Russia/Belarus
- The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment is responsible for the implementation of trade sanctions in accordance with Ireland's international commitments and obligations as a member of the EU.
They have provided a Guidance Notice which summarises the key trade provisions of the EU sanctions which were adopted up to 9th March 2022. Download Guidance Note Hereundefinedundefined
- Queries regarding the trade provisions of EU sanctions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org